Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wherein I tell you about my friend

My friend, Min-di




This was going to be a Wordless Wednesday post, but I needed to get these words out.

This picture is of one of my dearest friends, Mindy. She is one of the most beautiful, strong, determined women I know.She doesn't take your crap, and gives the shirt off her back to help a friend. She's also a fellow Navy Wife, so that makes her fan-fucking-tastic anyway. (And the rockin' body ain't bad, either!)

A few months ago, her mom found out she had breast cancer. (And I'm not writing this to garner sympathy for her or her family.) Mindy has handled this news like no one I've seen. With minimal ugly cries, she has been there for her mom while moving from South Carolina to Hawaii. Then, after her mom finished chemo and was gearing up for a double mastectomy and augmentation, she returned to her home state and is staying with her mom during recovery. This is all within about a 6mos (or less, time is wonky for me) time period. While in Hawaii, she took on the role of her husband's boat's Ombudsman, the person who is the go-between for the wives and the ship's command and is the point of contact while the boat is underway. This is not an easy job and I'll explain that in a later post.

She is a rock and I am proud to call her my friend.

When I grow up, I don't wanna be famous or rich. I wanna be like Mindy.


PS-Annie, you know I still love you, right?

4 comments:

  1. Mindy sounds like an amazingly awesome woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmhumph! Mindah is pretty kick ass, so I'll allow it. Now we just need to get her moved to CT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just as awesome as Mindy, whether you admit it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love me some MindI too!!!
    Miss you MindI.

    ReplyDelete